All-Terrain Tires. Let's have a conversation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks....

I have been researching my head off looking for a good quality On-road / Off-Road AT tire. I finally was ready to order a set of Yokohama Geolander AT/S's when Discount Tire called me about the order stating that a Tech bulletin from Yokohama mentions not to mount their tires on Land Rovers 2001 and newer saying that the tire will not bead properly on LR wheels. Also, they are out of stock.

Damn. :help:

I have searched, and read threads, NWood's blog, etc. I need some input. I am hesitant about getting the Cooper Zeon's because of the rubbing issue. Not really keen on that. So the question is, exactly how bad is the rubbing? I do not want to spend stupid money on set of tires. I am looking for reasonable value, and bang for the buck.

I want to do some more trail running and having an AT tire will work well for the terrain around me.

Help.

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Yokohama Geolander AT/S in 265/60/18 on my LR3. Had it for a year/20K miles. No issues at all. Its a good tire.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just called Yokohama to get the skinny. No tech bulletin has been issued. ***? This came from Discount Tire Direct.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone seems to love the Zeons, the rubbing issue seems to negligible, and if even then you can always run the rod mod on the trails :biggrin:

I would be running the Zeons myself, but I wanted a bit more aggressive tread for the sloppy stuff where I wheel, so I went for the STTs + Rod mod.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 tires in 265/65R-18, and I am glad I did. They are quiet on road, gas mileage hasn't suffered to much, quite aggressive, wearing well, my full-size spare fits under the vehicle, and I think I'd be able to still put snow chains on without any problems. I took my LR3 into discount tire after 5000 miles of having the tires on and the guy said that they were all wearing perfectly evenly and I should get at least 40k out of them.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they have a lower load rating that the LR manual says to use. I read somewhere that the tires do meet the load rating requirements that all of the tire places have in their computers for the LR3, though.

I got them from discount tire and they did a price match with a lower price that I found online.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...o?pc=10825&typ=Truck/SUV&tmn=DynaPro+ATM+RF10

Hope that helps.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 tires in 265/65R-18, and I am glad I did. They are quiet on road, gas mileage hasn't suffered to much, quite aggressive, wearing well, my full-size spare fits under the vehicle, and I think I'd be able to still put snow chains on without any problems. I took my LR3 into discount tire after 5000 miles of having the tires on and the guy said that they were all wearing perfectly evenly and I should get at least 40k out of them.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they have a lower load rating that the LR manual says to use. I read somewhere that the tires do meet the load rating requirements that all of the tire places have in their computers for the LR3, though.

I got them from discount tire and they did a price match with a lower price that I found online.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...o?pc=10825&typ=Truck/SUV&tmn=DynaPro+ATM+RF10

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input. The load index would concern me as well.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a second choice for me would be getting the Nitto Terra Grapplers that they are making in stock size now--that, or just going for the Zeons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV