Another roof rack question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
My 2011 LR4 was totaled in an accident. I just purchased a low mileage 2016. I had a Voyager roof rack on the 2011. The 2016 has full roof rails. With the roof rails the rack won't work. If I remove the roof rails do I need to put anything in the track or is it all good to put on the rack once I remove the rails. Does any of this make sense?

Thanks

Pick

TrungH

Reaction score
I didn't put anything in the track, nor did the instructions tell me to, when I installed my front runner rack, so I think you're fine.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What version of rack was your old Voyager? As I understand it, they make a version that requires the half roof rails, and a version that works without any roof rails at all.

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
My version was without any rails. I just remember if there was something in the track or not. So if I remove the rails is it good to just install?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was probably a flat metal piece that filled in the gutters--the same one that came on LR4's that had no roof rails at all.

Parker Freeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two long left and right aluminum pieces that are pre-drilled and fit in the channel . They snap in at the front and back. The holes line up with the anchor points. Around $100 for each at the dealership . The P/N's are LR018081 (L) & LR018079 (R).

Here they are at $100 each... Item # 10. On mine, the front and rear clips were already attached. Luckily, the Denver LR dealership had them in stock so I didn't have to pay any shipping.

https://parts.landroverpalmbeach.co...OF--COMPONENTS-BA578613-DA669094/7117455.html

Last edited:

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 LR4 was totaled in an accident. I just purchased a low mileage 2016. I had a Voyager roof rack on the 2011. The 2016 has full roof rails. With the roof rails the rack won't work. If I remove the roof rails do I need to put anything in the track or is it all good to put on the rack once I remove the rails. Does any of this make sense?

Thanks

Pick

Where did the total end up? As these things get older dead soldiers to pick over become important.

Pickasaurus

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone. As for where it ended up, State Farm now owns it so wherever they store vehicles in the Denver area.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV