Any help is appreciated.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drew

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here and wanted to see if any of you experienced LR3 guys could help me out. I have a 2005 LR3 4.4L SE. Below is a timeline of what is going on. Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.

Current Symptoms
When pressing the brakes, it’s either all or nothing. Doesn’t seem to be an in between.
Park assist beep is gone.
Park assist light on button is blinking at all times.

———————————————————————————————————————

Current DTCs

Normal Aspirated Petrol V8
P0171 System too lean Bank 1
P0174 System too lean Bank 2
U0121 Lost communication with ABS control module

Auto Gearbox
U0122 - Lost communication with vehicle dynamics control module.
U0416 - Invalid data received from vehicle dynamics control module.

ABS

U1A4A Invalid data received from differential control module - rear.
U0403 Invalid data received from transfer case control module
C1A00 Control module.

SRS

U0122 - Lost communication with vehicle dynamics control module
B1A00 Control module

Work performed

Replaced Brake Switch (It was worn out/partially broken. Did not solve any codes)
Replaced Starter Relay (Resolved Intermittent starting issue)
Sealed windshield cowling with UV resistant duct tape. (Resolved water in floorboard issue)
Replaced transmission and torque converter with a used unit. Reused TCM. Reset transmission adaptions. (Resolved Flaring RPMs, Clunk from 2nd to 1st downshift and delayed reverse engagement)
Replaced transmission cooler with a stand alone unit, fan and temp controller. (To help prevent overheating and any possibility of future glycol contamination)
Replaced battery

Previous Symptoms
Flaring RPMs (especially on hill ascent)
Clunk from 2nd to 1st down shift
Delayed reverse engagement
A lot of water in floor after it rained
When pressing the brakes, it’s either all or nothing. Doesn’t seem to be an in between.
Park assist beep is intermittent/crackling.
Intermittent starting issue

Previous DTCs

Auto Gearbox
P0730 Incorrect gear ratio
P0741 Torque converter clutch solenoid - circuit performance or stuck off.
U0155 - Lost communication with instrument cluster control module.
U0122 - Lost communication with vehicle dynamics control module.
U0416 - Invalid data received from vehicle dynamics control module.

ABS
U1A4A Invalid data received from differential control module - rear.
C1A00 Control module.

SRS
U0122 - Lost communication with vehicle dynamics control module

s3hooligan

Reaction score
Park assist issue is most likely that product of a bad park assist speaker. $35 part from the dealer and maybe 20-30 minutes DIY remove & replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billj214

Reaction score
Check wiring passenger side under carpet, this gets wet and shorts or corroded. I had this issue and spent a few hours re-soldering bad connections in the past. Also I assume your battery is good, it needs to be 12.5v+.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

s3hooligan

Reaction score
For the brake lights, does the center brake light (below the roof) come on independent of others? If so, you may have a shorted connection with one of the bulbs or sockets for the bulbs. I recently had an issue where only the middle brake light worked but the tail lights/brake lights didn't. Turned out to be a bad connection with one of the bulbs. The tail lights/brake lights are wired in series and on a different circuit than the center light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drew

Reaction score
Park assist issue is most likely that product of a bad park assist speaker. $35 part from the dealer and maybe 20-30 minutes DIY remove & replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, would this be causing the light to flash at the park assist mute button as well?

Check wiring passenger side under carpet, this gets wet and shorts or corroded. I had this issue and spent a few hours re-soldering bad connections in the past. Also I assume your battery is good, it needs to be 12.5v+.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I did that and forgot to list it. I'll check again when I have some time.

For the brake lights, does the center brake light (below the roof) come on independent of others? If so, you may have a shorted connection with one of the bulbs or sockets for the bulbs. I recently had an issue where only the middle brake light worked but the tail lights/brake lights didn't. Turned out to be a bad connection with one of the bulbs. The tail lights/brake lights are wired in series and on a different circuit than the center light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, I will check that when my wife gets off work.

s3hooligan

Reaction score
Thanks, would this be causing the light to flash at the park assist mute button as well?

Yes. Also, if you put your ear against one of the sensors on the rear bumper, you will hear a faint rapid clicking noise. That tells you that the sensor is actually working but the speaker is kaput (technical term).

Very easy to change the speaker and non-time consuming.

Last edited:

drew

Reaction score
Update:

- Checked all sensors by ear and are operational.
- The middle brake light seems to come on just before the left and right brake lights come on. Does this indicate a short? Or is it only if the left and right do not work at all?
- I'm almost 100% certain my ABS system is offline. It was raining here today and I nearly slid 30 feet before coming to a stop. No ABS what so ever.
- Parking aid speaker on order.
- Checked connections under passenger side threshold and all seems well since I last was there.
- I also forgot to mention I have the HDC Fault, Transmission Fault Traction Reduced as well. I'm pretty sure you guys already knew that, but just wanted to add it here.

Thanks for all of the help guys!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a connection between your HDC fault and your non-functional ABS. As for the CHMSL coming on before the left and right brake lamps. I'm not 100% on this (someone will jump in I'm sure) but I think the CHMSL is LED; and LEDs illuminate faster than incan lights, which are want we have in our brake light housings.

drew

Reaction score
Probably a connection between your HDC fault and your non-functional ABS. As for the CHMSL coming on before the left and right brake lamps. I'm not 100% on this (someone will jump in I'm sure) but I think the CHMSL is LED; and LEDs illuminate faster than incan lights, which are want we have in our brake light housings.

That would definitely explain why it lit up just a moment prior to the left and right. I performed a reset by pulling the battery cables and connecting to each other for 2 minutes. When I reattached the cables, it caused my nav (with logo) and radio to light up and they would not turn back off until I put the key in the ignition and turned it to the on position. It did not clear the faults. I'm going to check the brake bulbs to verify OEM spec tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again for all of the wisdom and guidance.

drew

Reaction score
So I noticed this morning that the PS front corner is lower than the rest. I connected my diagnostic tool and as it was reading codes, that corner pumped back up even with the others. Then I disconnected my reader and it dropped back down....any ideas? Maybe I damaged a height sensor somehow?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72