Any interest in getting a Group Buy going w/ Off Roving Sliders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps we could save a little coin. I am interested and will be pulling the trigger on a set of these in the near future. Anyone interested as well? I'll do the leg work and get it organized if we have the numbers.

Let me know...

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd consider it, but I think they tried this awhile back and there was no way of getting the price down IIRC

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll contact them Monday and get back to you guys. My bet is if they get 10 people something could be done. 10 people might be tough given the price point.

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am definitely interested. I emailed them the other day to see if the LR3 would fit the LR4, and they will. So i was planning on getting some later this year anyway. Let us know what you find out.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have tried this , last year I think, with fellow members from all over the States and did not accomplished a lot > The only thing , that THEY were willing to go down on was a shipping charges, simply ,cos it all shipped out to one location in CALI and that was all.I alone ended up with buying them from the source , last year,from Rover Specialties directly.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard from Adam from Off Roving. He is checking about the details and will get back with me later this week.
All we can do is try. If it's a crappy deal, then we tried. Right? What's the hurt in trying? Everyone is hungry for business out there. Here's hoping RS will do it right. If not - who knows.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience with this, the best thing you can do to save money on the sliders is co-locate your Ship-To location. If you can ship two sets per pallet, you save $300 or more dollars. The more sets you order, the bigger the savings on shipping.

As far as the sliders themselves, in the past, there was not enough margin on them to offer any tangible discounts. Maybe they've made their mfr'ing process more efficient in the past year or so, I don't know.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm pretty much a Can-DO attitude guy, but I worked on these sliders for 4 years and became a bit more of a realist on this one topic.

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all-

FYI--We're not retailing the Rover Specialties sliders any longer. We've had some problems reaching them over the past few weeks which left some interested customers without the sliders they wanted when they needed them. I'd suggest reaching out to them directly for any purchases or try Lucky-8 [I think they were carrying them].

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut