Anyone know how to get this open ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy Harding

Reaction score
Ok so the puddle light went out on my driver door mirror so I took off the mirror and extracted this unit that houses the camera and bulb that I want to replace (i'm beginning to have my doubts...) anyhow I removed the 4 small screws but there is something that is stopping it from coming apart, like something inside still connected. I can remove the lens on the bulb but it does seem to do anything.

Any thoughts ?

Guy

tempImageZ8Dav9.png
tempImagerRrtAu.png
tempImageQov4OV.png
tempImagefAIy58.png
tempImageZ8Dav9.png

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im guessing that is not intended to be a serviceable part.

there is most likely a bead of sealant in the seam. pry slowly and work your way around. im sure it will come apart. they had to put it together...right?

i see a FoMoCo stamp on the part. is there a part number? just in case, you should look it up and make sure its somthign your willing to pay before possibly damaging the camera during disassembly. it would be a shame to loose camera function when the current problem is only an LED.

Guy Harding

Reaction score
Ok so I stopped by my local dealer (first mistake) and he said its 1 unit and quoted me $714

Anyhow found the part online from other sellers for $450, seems like a lot for a puddle light , I think I will pass for right now.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
care to share your part number?

MY10-MY13 puddle lamp CTZ500010 $16.96 list
MY14+ puddle lamp LR051349 $82.78 list

i cannot find a puddle lamp, camera combination part. which would make up for the difference of the list price.

you could buy an entire used mirror and reuse the camera/light only for cheaper than just the camera new.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2013-...244807&hash=item3db0136899:g:s4QAAOSw5T5fuTBd

This woudlnt be the first time ive heard of a car camera being overly expensive. the nightvision camera on my audi is nearly $4k.

Last edited:

johnnwalters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thinking that $450 buys a nice pair of Wellies for puddles! The use mirror sounds like a perfect solution. Good headwork.

Guy Harding

Reaction score
Ok so found and lowballed a guy on eBay and got the mirror and puddle light/camera module for $200 !
Was at the store the other night and the previously broken puddle light mysteriously decides do work again ?!?!

Now returning the one I bought on eBay :(

The joys of owning a Land Rover !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick