1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know how to get this open ?

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Guy Harding, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Guy Harding

Guy Harding Member

Ok so the puddle light went out on my driver door mirror so I took off the mirror and extracted this unit that houses the camera and bulb that I want to replace (i'm beginning to have my doubts...) anyhow I removed the 4 small screws but there is something that is stopping it from coming apart, like something inside still connected. I can remove the lens on the bulb but it does seem to do anything.

Any thoughts ?

Guy

tempImageZ8Dav9.png tempImagerRrtAu.png tempImageQov4OV.png tempImagefAIy58.png tempImageZ8Dav9.png

2. DaytonaRS7

DaytonaRS7 Full Access Member

im guessing that is not intended to be a serviceable part.

there is most likely a bead of sealant in the seam. pry slowly and work your way around. im sure it will come apart. they had to put it together...right?

i see a FoMoCo stamp on the part. is there a part number? just in case, you should look it up and make sure its somthign your willing to pay before possibly damaging the camera during disassembly. it would be a shame to loose camera function when the current problem is only an LED.

3. Guy Harding

Guy Harding Member

Ok so I stopped by my local dealer (first mistake) and he said its 1 unit and quoted me $714

Anyhow found the part online from other sellers for $450, seems like a lot for a puddle light , I think I will pass for right now.

4. DaytonaRS7

DaytonaRS7 Full Access Member

care to share your part number?

MY10-MY13 puddle lamp CTZ500010 $16.96 list
    MY14+ puddle lamp LR051349 $82.78 list

i cannot find a puddle lamp, camera combination part. which would make up for the difference of the list price.

you could buy an entire used mirror and reuse the camera/light only for cheaper than just the camera new.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2013-...244807&hash=item3db0136899:g:s4QAAOSw5T5fuTBd

This woudlnt be the first time ive heard of a car camera being overly expensive. the nightvision camera on my audi is nearly $4k.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  5. Guy Harding

Guy Harding Member

6. johnnwalters

johnnwalters Full Access Member

Just thinking that $450 buys a nice pair of Wellies for puddles! The use mirror sounds like a perfect solution. Good headwork.

7. Guy Harding

Guy Harding Member

Ok so found and lowballed a guy on eBay and got the mirror and puddle light/camera module for $200 !
    Was at the store the other night and the previously broken puddle light mysteriously decides do work again ?!?!

Now returning the one I bought on eBay :(

The joys of owning a Land Rover !

8. Stuart Barnes

Stuart Barnes Supporting Member Supporting Member

Don’t send it back yet!!
    I’ll pm you.