Anyone running Rover's North 2" lift rods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get IID if anything.

So sick of these companies charging $200 for some ****** little wires with grommets.

VTBike

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to my LR4 - just clarifying - can you use the IID to permanently raise the suspension 2" without the need for the rods?

I bought the Johnson's too, but haven't put them in yet. Also saw the RN model's, and liked that you could keep them installed but go easily between no lift and the 2".. But didn't want to pay the $280.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the IID tool will override via software and more importantly, you can fine tune it. The rods are a mechanical override and the length of the rod = same lift. IID tool you can make different profiles with varying lift (or drop) heights. No fumbling around under the truck for rods, just a quick few taps through the menu displayed on the dash (or your phone if you opt for the Bluetooth model) and you are done.

Plus, there's dozens of other features with the IID tool like code reading and systems settings that would normally take a trip to the dealer. As MBW said, why pay $200 for a cheap metal rod with a rubber grommet?

VTBike

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Surfrider.. Wow, it's a no brainer. Going to get the IID.. :)

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Surfrider.. Wow, it's a no brainer. Going to get the IID.. :)

Best investment I made.
Can do so much with the tool, it negates a lot of the aftermarket stuff.
Plus it gives you the ability to return it back to stock, when needed.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much typically are these and is it similar to vida/dice that Volvo uses? I have a BT OBD2 reader with iPhone app that I use for my Miata to clear codes and read..I'm wondering if it will work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV