ARB Front Bumper for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I know a couple of you have the Tactical Rovers front bumper, but is there anyone who has the ARB front bumper on their LR4?

Thanks, David

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I know a couple of you have the Tactical Rovers front bumper, but is there anyone who has the ARB front bumper on their LR4?

Thanks, David

Have you been over to Expedition Portal and viewed the Overland Journal LR4? They have pictures and video with LR3 & LR4 (their vehicle) with the ARB bumper. I recommend checking that thread out.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you been over to Expedition Portal and viewed the Overland Journal LR4? They have pictures and video with LR3 & LR4 (their vehicle) with the ARB bumper. I recommend checking that thread out.
Oh yes, I looked through their forums and just sent them a message. I was hoping to get someone on the forum, as Scott and his crew have a lot of resources and expertise at their disposal, so I wanted more of a backyard mechanic perspective on the installation and use. I am most curious to know if the parking sensors work fine or if there are potential issues.

Looking at the instructions, it's quite a job, but seems like it wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Still trying to decide. If I do it, I'll get a winch, and driving lights all at once.

-David

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, I looked through their forums and just sent them a message. I was hoping to get someone on the forum, as Scott and his crew have a lot of resources and expertise at their disposal, so I wanted more of a backyard mechanic perspective on the installation and use. I am most curious to know if the parking sensors work fine or if there are potential issues.

L

Ah okay. Well I think there are pictures showing them installing it. They only had a shop install the rear bumper I believe. I could also be thinking of a totally different thread from all my research. If I find it I will post the link.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah okay. Well I think there are pictures showing them installing it. They only had a shop install the rear bumper I believe. I could also be thinking of a totally different thread from all my research. If I find it I will post the link.

Thanks!

Yes, I saw the photos, but they did not provide much detail on the process. I thought they had LR in NV do their install, but I have to check.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott is currently in Africa with little access to the internet (according to his last post on ExPo).

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott is currently in Africa with little access to the internet (according to his last post on ExPo).
Hi Axel,

Yep, I saw that as well. Scott and his crew seem to have so much experience with these types of modifications. I was hoping to find more of a lay man like me. Still, I would love to get their feedback.

-David

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want to know what one of those is like to live with. I could see it being nice even for some everyday situations. "fine, back into me, see if I care". "playing chicken with me in a parking lot... make my day, punk"

Are you also thinking steel rear bumpers? If I went with a bumper like that for the front I would want a rear one, but I dont think I want a rear tire carrier. I can't see myself wanting to deal with swinging that thing open every time I want to open the tail gate... just dont think i'd do it.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as to how the LR4 handles after putting that HEAVY bumper on it... After installing a TJM bumper (ARB competitor) on my 97 D1, the car became a pig. I love the look, and functionality, but the vehicle's handling and performance went out the window (I have OME shocks and springs btw). I am ok with that tradeoff on the D1, but wouldn't be with the LR4/D4

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you are asking about the ARB bumper, I am assuming you want more protection up front? Either way, have you had any experience with the hidden winch mounts that go behind the factory bumper?