Are there any known problems with the 1993 Range Rover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E

Evian

I am looking into buying my first Land Rover Range Rover. The one I have my eye on is a 1993 Range Rover. It looks and runs well. I was wondering if there was any design problems with this car that would make it a lemon. Are there any engine problems or transmission problems associated with this car? Is it designed to self destruct after so many miles? The reason I ask is that I purchased several months ago a Porsche 928 without knowing all the history of this type of car. Apparently, Porsche designed the car to self destruct. They placed the timing belt (rubber) in front of the water pump. If your water pump goes out it take out the timing chain which in turn takes out your engine. I have owned a lot of cars and I have not come across anything like that before. Now when I buy a car I ask a ton of questions about how the engine is set up and what parts (rubber or steel) are in my car.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Air suspension. If it has not been replaced, it will need it soon. You can convert it to coil suspension but it is expensive.
93 was the first year for air suspension.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA