As Predicted. (Defender news)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2023 model?

Given the worldwide chip shortage, right now you can only order a 2022 model Defender and production schedules & expected delivery dates are no longer provided by the factory.

I wonder if it's a BMW V8 or some variant of our Ford-based V8's. If Ford, hopefully they switched to a metal coolant manifold and crossover pipes. ;)

Owning a P400, I can see where many Defender buyers are completely happy with the P300 engine. I ordered the P400 since I was coming from a V8 LR4. But the P400 is really powerful. No idea why you would "need" the SCV8.

Last edited:

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's a BMW V8 or some variant of our Ford-based V8's
Car and Driver says it's a tuned-down version of the JLR 575 HP Supercharged 5.0 V8 that's used in the RRS-SVR and Jag F-Type R. It will 'only' turn out
518 HP though (lol). Just what I need to go spin doughnuts on flat dirt at 70 mph, or choose-off all the AMG G-Wagens around here.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...starting at 90k for the 4dr?

by the time a few options are in there, you'll be over 100k. This will cost more than anyone will want to take off road.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess you'd know what you are getting into with the 5.0 instead of the wild unknown of P-whatever engines.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wild unknown of P-whatever engines
And rumored that the P400e (PHEV) may hit the US market in MY2023, so you can drive less than 30 miles on e, thereafter you have a four-banger (no offense). It will be mind-boggling the number of Defender 'variants' created in three (short) model years. A Defender for every appetite, if not every wallet.
Going to stick with my LR4 while watching the dust settle a bit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut