Audio problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Rivera

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Range Rover HSE Sport. I had replaced the battery and starter. The morning before I had it replaced the audio went out and the navigation screen stayed locked. At least until I accessed the diagnostics screen and then it work. CD player and radio all appear to work except no audio. I did noticed that the volume knob does not show the volume going up or down. Nothing happens with the audio when I try increasing the volume from the steering wheel. Looking for any suggestion short of going to the dealer.

I also ran the self test and it would not run. under condition: it reads Not OK.

Last edited:

Johnny Rivera

Reaction score
Never mind figured this out. Bypassed the Bluetooth module and the audio works again, navigation screen unfroze and the self-test started working again. Now where to get a chep replacement for the Nokia Bluetooth module.

Lakeranger

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my 07 RR/SC a few years ago. The bluetooth module is the top unit on the stack of units in the left rear compartment. It is susceptible to water getting into the unit. This causes it to malfunction. I removed the unit's cover and sprayed electronic cleaner on the circuit board, which showed evidence of corrosion. Also lightly brushed board with a fine wire brush to remove the corrosion This fixed the problem and then I also placed aluminum tape above the electronics to shed any water intrusion. Hope this helps with your problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72