Back again! Nara Bronze LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanRR

Reaction score
I've been registered here since 2018 when I bought my '07 Range Rover Sport. The RRS went away and I bought an Alfa Romeo Giulia TI which I absolutely loved.

Anyway, Wisconsin winters were a bit rough on the Alfa, so I ditched that and found myself an LR4!

2013 LR4 Lux w/HD package in Nara Bronze, 115k on the clock. Picked it up today and I'm in love! Dealer replaced the windshield as I arrived because of a recently acquired rock chip. Paint needs some love and a couple small spots that'll need some paintless dent removal.

So far I've ordered the following:

1. GAP IID tool w/BT
2. 5x - 255/60/19 (31.05") Toyo Open Country AT3
3. Hood blackout graphics (get rid of the glare + I just like how they look)
4. Transmission fluid conversion kit + fluid, differential fluid, transfer case fluid
5. Panel cowl for the windshield
6. I'll be blacking out the wheels and some other misc bits

51567663919_533ed75350_b.jpg

51566183007_4468642aa2_b.jpg

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got yourself a great car! Are you going to do any offroading/overlanding at all? Then a longer conversation might ensue:).

RyanRR

Reaction score
You got yourself a great car! Are you going to do any offroading/overlanding at all? Then a longer conversation might ensue:).

Absolutely! Later this month (or early November) a friend and I will be doing the 7 HR Plane Crash trail in northern WI/MI. Plan is to make a pitstop on the way back at the OHV park in Tigerton WI.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you! I'm not in the US, but I've googled the trail and it seems fairly easy, so your Toyos should do. Although the people in the video (
) have the more aggressive KO2s that many folks here will recommend, me included. But if you plan on doing anything more adventurous in future, I would quickly go back on my order and get a set at least a set of Coopers of somesuch... And better still, just buy a set of 18" rims, else you'll **** even an AT tyre sooner rather than later. I have Compomotives (PD 1881) and love them (have abused them, too, with great success), but there are others, you'll find a thread easily here... There, so much for my unsolicited advice:).

RyanRR

Reaction score
Good for you! I'm not in the US, but I've googled the trail and it seems fairly easy, so your Toyos should do. Although the people in the video (
) have the more aggressive KO2s that many folks here will recommend, me included. But if you plan on doing anything more adventurous in future, I would quickly go back on my order and get a set at least a set of Coopers of somesuch... And better still, just buy a set of 18" rims, else you'll **** even an AT tyre sooner rather than later. I have Compomotives (PD 1881) and love them (have abused them, too, with great success), but there are others, you'll find a thread easily here... There, so much for my unsolicited advice:).

I would argue that the Toyo Open Country has a pretty good track record as an all terrain / off road tire, and I don't believe they offer the Zeon in a 31" tire for our 19" wheels.

I'd really considered 18" wheels, but the entry cost was a bit too much to justify with how much time I spend commuting every year (about 22-25k/year of straight 75mph cruising). Plus I already have 5 full size wheels with the HD package.

This should be aggressive enough for anything I'll encounter!

Attachments

• D44D1EE8-63D6-496F-BCEA-2718591AFA46.jpeg
    D44D1EE8-63D6-496F-BCEA-2718591AFA46.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 33

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, my mistake! I googled the model and I got a different picture. What you're showing is obviously quite fine:). In fact, I'll consider it in future for my 19" wheels, which I must keep for the annual tech inspection:).

RyanRR

Reaction score
Oh, my mistake! I googled the model and I got a different picture. What you're showing is obviously quite fine:). In fact, I'll consider it in future for my 19" wheels, which I must keep for the annual tech inspection:).

There's so many variations with similar names, happens all the time when I'm searching for tires!

I might still move to 18's at some point, but for now these should be more than sufficient and get me through winter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72