Battery Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously, why is this a state secret? Where is it? My ECU crapped out this afternoon and required a tow to the dealership. I would have LIKED to unhook the battery to reset the system (at the very least to get the vehicle into neutral). Been nice to try...

So, anyone want to divulge this information? I’ve made it this far in life without sticking my tongue on a battery. I hope I can be trusted to not screw it up.

xrp86

Reaction score
the battery is in the back passenger panel. in the truck
there are two panels, a the first one then remove the larger one.

DieselRanger

Reaction score
Seriously, why is this a state secret? Where is it? My ECU crapped out this afternoon and required a tow to the dealership. I would have LIKED to unhook the battery to reset the system (at the very least to get the vehicle into neutral). Been nice to try...

So, anyone want to divulge this information? I’ve made it this far in life without sticking my tongue on a battery. I hope I can be trusted to not screw it up.
In the cargo area, right side, remove the small cover to reveal the scissor jack compartment, then remove the panel ahead of it for the battery.

gmfain

Reaction score
I just changed my battery 2017 D5 HSE LUX TD6

Image00003.jpg
Image00001.jpg
Image00002.jpg

gmfain

Reaction score
Where would the second one be? I can look for it.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where would the second one be? I can look for it.

That's the point. It's hidden somewhere with really no guidelines on how to access it unless you take it to a dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut