Battery Profile Setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my battery with Bosch H7 AGM 80 Ah 800 CCA battery.

In the IIDtool, there's a H7-80Ah-700CCA profile as well as a generic (no "H_") 80Ah 800 CCA profile.

So obviously the 80Ah 800CCA profile more closely matches my battery but I'm wondering if its a problem that it doesn't have the H7 in front?

Does the "H" series correspond to AGM battery which I presume has a different charging profile than a standard lead-acid ?

(I also see there's an H8 90 Ah 800 CCA profile. Not sure if the amp-hour capacity or CCA instantaneous delivery matters more.)

Last edited:

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops, had a typo. The available profiles are the "H7" 80 Ah 700 CCA and non-H7 80 Ah / 800 CCA.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
H7 or H8 is just the battery size and has no bearing to Ah and CCA. Just choose the 80 Ah / 800 CCA.

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my battery 2 yrs ago and i did not do anything else. Just took the old one out and connected the new one and no issues to date.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the IIDTool when I replaced my battery and I do not recall seeing any options.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops, had a typo. The available profiles are the "H7" 80 Ah 700 CCA and non-H7 80 Ah / 800 CCA.
Battery Profile? I am wondering what that means?

I have an LR3 so I know nothing about "battery profile" but I wondered what that means.

On my 3, all I know is that the "smart" regulator in combination with the engine computer is pretty dumb when it comes to keeping the battery fully charged - well it does not, maybe an 80% state of charge is the best it can do.

I wondered if perhaps the 4's charging systems were a bit "old school" or at least had that option such that the battery could get closer to a 100% state of charge?

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, in addition to the reset/replace battery function, there is also in the BCM area a battery type setting. I am presuming the car is keeping track of charge level vs drain and uses this information to decide what kind of charge profile to supply...

IMG_0933.PNG

Battery Profile? I am wondering what that means?

I have an LR3 so I know nothing about "battery profile" but I wondered what that means.

On my 3, all I know is that the "smart" regulator in combination with the engine computer is pretty dumb when it comes to keeping the battery fully charged - well it does not, maybe an 80% state of charge is the best it can do.

I wondered if perhaps the 4's charging systems were a bit "old school" or at least had that option such that the battery could get closer to a 100% state of charge?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick