bench seats in lwb landys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

martinedwards

Hi Folks,

After lurking for a while ( I don't actually have a landy yet.....) I have a question.

All landy's are customised to the owners requirements. I appreciate that some insurers understand this.

I have 4 kids

If I get a LWB s3 or defender, can I fit bench seats with belts in the back and load the sprogs in the back legally?

Do I need side windows in the back if it is used as a passenger compartment?

As a teacher, I may occasionally need to ferry pupils around. If I get business use insurance can I do this legally as all school minibusses now must have forward facing seats?

I know I could get a 5 door landy, but I'll need the back as a cargo/occasional sleeping area so I'd rather not have the second row of seats.

I'm in Northern Ireland btw in case that affects the minutae of the law!!

Thanx in advance

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Legal requirements vary by country and by state/province, etc.

I have a slow morning at work (I'm in the States, and am what would be a solicitor in Northern Ireland), so let me see if I can find anything for ya.

S

Simply

I have a 110 CSW that came with bence seats in the back when i got it. One thing to note have a look at your driving lisence. I passed my test in 1997 and i am only allowed to drive a vehicle with upto 8 passenger seats. My husband however passed his test before me and can drive a vehicle with up to 12 passenegr seats. An older 110 or sereis 3 where originally fitted with 12 seats total (which meant i wasnt allowed to drive the vehicle so we took some seats out)

They do fit single fold up seats in the back now with proper seatbelts rather then the bence seats with lap belts. so this would probably be better for you if you are looking to put your kids in the back. If you want prices have a look at www.paddockspares.com for prices.

Cant help too much with the legal side of things but it might be worth getting in touch with the DVLA and see what they ssay you are allowed to do .

Jacky

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV