BG Fluids???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with BG: TRANS, DIFF, and Xfer Case Fluids? I'm going to change all at 50K, prob let the dealer do it, as I have too many other projects to work on. Dealer offering a partial warranty on these components (Trans, Diff, Xfer) if you change to BG before 60K and continue to change every 60K for as long as you own the truck...

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BG are like flushes - not operating fluids. my LR dealer uses the BG performance oil service to get rid of the sludge on the VTT gear etc.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BG are like flushes - not operating fluids. my LR dealer uses the BG performance oil service to get rid of the sludge on the VTT gear etc.

This implies using their tans fluid as well, I'll talk to the dealer when I take it in for some Warm stuff and see what they say....

Maximum reimbursement with BG transmission fluid: Plan 1: $4,000 US; Plan 2: $2,000 US

We don't plan on selling this one....

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is a reimbursement plan??
a BG performance oil service is like $50. dont understand what you are referring to

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your transmission gets FUBARed then the BG warranty kicks in. For what it is worth the local Rover indy uses BG trans oil for all services. He claims he has never had an issue.

Keith Hollis

Reaction score
BG stands for "BEARING AND GEAR"

The company is well known by manufacturers as EXPERTS on lubricants and other automotive and industrial applications.

BG has a warranty program - they stand behind their product if the product is used as recommended.

Good stuff.

upload_2019-1-14_10-0-41.gif

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I talked to BG today. Regarding the Trans, if you do a BG Flush, and refill with their BG TRANS FLUID, before 50K miles, then perform this service every 30K, they will pay up to $4K for trans failures. If you do the BG Flush, and go back with dealer/LR fluids then they cover up to $2K. They will cover every type of trans failure other than the ECU or electrical components. If you do the BG Flushes, and follow their schedule, they do not recommend ever replacing the filter, and filter replacement is not required to file a warranty claim. That seemed odd, but made sense after he explained their reasoning based on their fluids, research, and results/findings after opening up high mileage trans after using BG fluids.

If you have questions I'd recommend picking up the phone and calling them just as I did as opposed to guessing or speculating on a what/if.... as maybe i missed something....The gentleman that I talked to was very nice, very informative, and appeared to know his product.

I'll prob do at least the TRANS before my wife hit's 50K, may do the diff's and xfer just not sure...

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im sticking with LR approved fluid for the tranny - not working risking anything by using something else.

dlonesty

Reaction score
So, here I am with my 2011 LR4 at 134000 miles. I did the BG service starting at 120,000. Is it worth it to start using their flushes and lubricants now?

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA