Big time - Craigslist SCORE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hop on Craigslist and score a G4 LR Expedition Rack for $475!!! Story - Local guy buys an absolutely LOADED 2006 LR3, but takes all the doodads off. The rack has been in his basement for 3 years. In great shape. :biggrin:

Mod - I will be cutting it down to be a low-profile rack. Likely will put 4 off-road lights on it as well. Here it is in the meantime...

P1000824.jpg

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice!!! i found one on craigslist for the same price but it's a 4 hour drive away:hmpf: debating on doing the drive down and back to get it. i would want to cut the top part off and put a flooring down on it.

how's that swing away tire carrier coming? i am getting sick of having my tire bungeed down in the cargo area.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice!!! i found one on craigslist for the same price but it's a 4 hour drive away:hmpf: debating on doing the drive down and back to get it. i would want to cut the top part off and put a flooring down on it.

how's that swing away tire carrier coming? i am getting sick of having my tire bungeed down in the cargo area.

Go get it. If you can get one like I did, for as cheap - no brainer. These things sell for $1200+ new, if you can find them.

I am going to do the same thing and cut it down. But, instead of flooring I am shooting for a cool looking perforated aluminum sheet.

The tire carrier is coming along. I am to take the LR to my fabricator next week to talk through it.

Sorry...got a little sidetracked. :proud:

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does he have any other "doodads" for sale?

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently got an A-frame w/ the crappy OEM driving lights off of CL for $350. its essentially a "nonfunctional" item, but i always liked the way they looked.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great score! The upper section is held into place with steel cap screws (Allen) threaded into Aluminum threads. It's really easy to strip out the threads if you're not careful. Also, be sure to have a buddy support one side once you relieve the tension of the brackets. It tends to be spring loaded during the install. You have to sacrifice the plastic fairings as well. I hope to "windproof" beneath the leading edge of the lower section to help reduce the noise. Pretty low on the list right now.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's some pretty good threads at disco3.co.uk about windproofing the expedition rack. some of those "gents" have really spruced up the rack to make it more usable/livable.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's some pretty good threads at disco3.co.uk about windproofing the expedition rack. some of those "gents" have really spruced up the rack to make it more usable/livable.

Yep...got the idea from over there to go "flat". The rack is already in pieces in my garage. Next up, a little wet sand and some paint to spruce it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72