Bleeder screw replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All! Help, please! My plastic bleeder for the coolant hose from the heater manifold just snapped as I was tightening it back after bleeding the coolant. I know they have brass bleeder screws for the expansion tank, but has anyone been able to souce one for the back bleeder? Photo attached

39621F45-050C-4B52-9BD1-D27CF40FF257.jpeg

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer should have it in stock or will be able to order it for you which shouldnt take more that 24hrs. Call your nearest dealer. If you're like me that has a box full of nuts and bolts you might be able to find one that will fit in there temporarily till u get a replacement from the dealer.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer should have it in stock or will be able to order it for you which shouldnt take more that 24hrs. Call your nearest dealer. If you're like me that has a box full of nuts and bolts you might be able to find one that will fit in there temporarily till u get a replacement from the dealer.

Dealer only has assembly for $120, but will be Saturday before they have it- ugh. Was hoping for a new brass fitting. I know bmw uses these type screws in their cooling system too so curious if there’s a more permanent, yet less expensive fix than a cheap plastic fitting.

They do not sell just a bleeder screw according to my dealer

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How bad is the broken screw ? do u think you can assemble it back together with some JB weld ? as a temporary solution till u get a new one

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe go to a hardware store and see if there's some sort of brass plumbing fitting that would work?

BBLR3

Reaction score
I thought about all of the ideas above, but with the way the o-ring sits you would need to make a custom piece. Needless to say, I have that brand new assembly minus the bleeder screw because they dont sell it seperately.

BBLR3

Reaction score
-0. LOL. Sorry I was bitter when mine came apart because I knew it was plastic and was careful not to over torque...then it broke anyway.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-0. LOL. Sorry I was bitter when mine came apart because I knew it was plastic and was careful not to over torque...then it broke anyway.
Me too! I barely turned the thing and it broke clean off. Heat had definitely gotten the better of it.

I’m doing the back crossover manifold repair now so this things gotta come out anyways. I’ve got a new assembly on order but supposedly lots of bmws have the same bleeder so fairly certain I can find a brass one somewhere. For $12 it’s going in as soon as I find it...

I’ll post the part number once I’ve got the aftermarket metal!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV