Bluetooth Audio Delay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if this is an LR4 specific issue, something with my phone, or common on many bluetooth connections.

You will not notice this if you are playing music, however, you may notice it if playing video from your phone through your LR4 speakers. It's about a half second delay between the video and the audio. It's annoying as voices are out of sync with the mouths speaking them, and video transitions timed to beats are missed.

Yes, I find myself in a parked car often, watching a YouTube or Vimeo video on my phone, and playing the audio through the car. :biggrin:

I had the same problem with my LR3 and the Bluetooth dongle I used. At the time, I blamed the cheap amazon dongle and hoped a factory installed bluetooth interface would get rid of it.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tested this by watching a couple of youtube videos and didn't detect any audio/video syncing issues. This was on my 2013 LR4 connecting to my iPhone 7+ via onboard BT. Note that since I was in my garage, I was still on my home wifi. I don't know if that would make a difference. I will try to test it again once I'm out and about and on Verizon's LTE network.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am primarily streaming from YouTube or Vimeo. As both the audio and video should be hitting my phone at the same time, I think it is a delay out the bluetooth. If you don't see it, maybe it's my phone! (which I feel better about then it being my truck)

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have watched YouTube videos through bluetooth LR4 speakers and never had any sync issues.

Samsung Galaxy S6, S7 Edge, and Note 8 all were fine.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on an iPhone 7+ at the moment. Think my last phone did the same thing. Maybe it's an Apple thing?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV