Brake hose replacement as required maintenance at 60k?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garry Adkins

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been reading here for a while and received lots of great info. This is my first post.

I have a 2013 LR4 HSE with just shy of 64k miles. Fortunately it is still under CPO warranty until August 2019.

So far I've had water pump and crossover tubes replaced due to a slow leak.

I just put it in the garage today for "Suspension Fault" error and a weird buzzy feeling in the steering wheel under acceleration. Reminds me of a front diff problem I had with an explorer years ago.

Since the warranty runs out before too soon, I was looking at the specified maintenance intervals and one thing caught my eye -
Brake hose replacement every 60,000 miles.

Is that for real? I've never owned a car where HOSE replacement was a required maintenance item like brake pads or fluid flush.

I'll probably need brakes and rotors, but I'll do that myself. Mostly because I want ceramic brake pads due to the ungodly amounts of brake dust this heavy beast puts off. (BTW, I reached out to Akebono, and they are releasing front brake pads next month (May 2019), model EUR1479A )

I've also had a little trouble recently with the infotainment system crashing when connecting via bluetooth. I can always tell it crashed because it won't respond or turn off. Plus my date format goes back to english DD-MM-YYYY. :)

Anything else I should look out for?

BTW, I upgraded the side marker lights with the powerfulUK LED Sweep lights ( https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles...e-repeaters-pair-led-clear-dynamic-sweep.html )

and they are completely awesome. I'll post a video when I get it back from the shop if anyone wants to see them.

Thanks for all your great posts and help!

-Garry

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Garry!

I'd take a look at them to make sure the standard cracking/ leaks aren't there, and move on.. I look at mine when I have the wheels off, and that's about it.. I'm at 86K on the clock, but there are folks here that have many more miles than that, hopefully they'll chime in..

You don't have to worry about tensioners, but I would HAMMER the dealership to sort out those infotainment, steering, and suspension issues.. Any clunks from the front end? The Lower Control Arm bushings on these go out pretty often..

Good Luck,

Mike

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the brake hose was scheduled for 10 years / 120k miles, for USA-spec LR4... did I misread the manual?

:afraid:

Last edited:

Garry Adkins

Reaction score
120km is 75k miles, which is close... I've had cars with 250k miles and never replaced a brake hose... This is very foreign to me.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned Mercedes for decades and they require a brake fluid flush every 2 years, but hoses were always a visual inspection.

Maybe JLR expects brake hoses to get more abuse off-road?

o_O

Garry Adkins

Reaction score
Didn't they have a recall in 2012? I wondered if it was a way to put the onus back on the owner and pad their pockets a bit in the process...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72