BREMBO Calipers and SS Brake Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I finally got around to wrenching. The calipers that I received from an eBay seller were toast and had to be returned. I ordered remanufactured ones from auto anything, and, a week later, i was told that they were out of stock. After waiting for my refund, i bought both calipers from stock wise auto. They arrived four days later and I could not be happier.

The majority of the install uses the same tools as a normal rotor / pad change.

The only exception is the rotor dust shield. You will need tin snips / dremel/ hacksaw / butter knife to trim it where the new caliper sits. Only about 1/2 inch on the top and bottom.

Also, on the passenger-side, the pads seemed to be too thick (even though the drivers side slid in perfectly). Instead of grinding them down, I massaged them into place with a hammer. I foresee it will grind for a block or two, but then should be good.

The brake lines were a struggle. As a matter of fact, I need to finish the rear drivers side lines, and then bleed today.

The Brit part kit is perfect. For the front line, the junction blocks are labeled, as are the main lines from the caliper to the junction block. The line from junction block to the hardline is identical for each side, so that was easy to identify as well. Also, the lines were bagged / grouped into front and rear lines.

Parts great, install time consuming, but straight forward. The only snag I hit was on the passenger, rear, upper soft-to-hard line. The new line would not fit in the bracket. I had to disassemble and use a file to remove some material... while the hard line was steadily dripping brake fluid.

After church, I will finish this thing. If anyone needs pictures, or better explanations, please let me know!
20190720_143000.jpg
20190720_145449.jpg
20190720_145452.jpg
20190720_145459.jpg

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. @mrezo, no noticeable increase to stopping power, but much better pedal feel. I had a sticking left, front caliper. I instead of replacing with the lr4 variant, I upgraded. @ktm525, it is a 2015 LUX.

@rickyn f355, here is what I posted on another forum:
I hope that this helps: https://www.landroverworld.org/threa...upgrade.30434/

I am doing the same swap on a '15 LUX. EBay has quite a few 06-09 RRS calipers. Partsgeek is out of stock, but here is a website with the part number for reman, centric caliper https://www.partsgeek.com/8plnn77-la...e-caliper.html

Unfortunately, I did not save the forum post where I got that part number. If you look at centric's application guide, you should be able to find the left-hand part number.

From what I understand through part numbers and other forums, the stock, LR4, rear brakes are the same as the RRS.

My part list included:
-06-09 RRS supercharged calipers
- 06-09 RRS front, brake wear sensor (SEM500090)
- EBC brake rotors and pads kit from lucky8 (06-09 RRS 4.2L supercharged) ---- https://www.lucky8llc.com/collection...-ebc-brake-kit
- LR4 rear brake sensor (SOE000025)
- beck and arnley front brake hardware (084-1810)
- britpart stainless brake line kit (bought from lucky8 via ebay)
- new caliper mounting bolts (VX68D8)

Also, I found out later, you need spacers to clear the calipers. 5mm is too big and will prevent the wheel from mounting to the hub-centric ring. 3mm will go on this weekend and will alleviate that problem.

This link helps with parts numbers:

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/9-...tml#post369359

I hope that helps!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member