Brodsy's Brake Bible: LR3 & LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to Brodsy's Brake Bible, an independent "DIY Guide" for ALL LR3 & LR4 brake systems that you can find via a Google search....
LINK: https://studylib.net/doc/18360652/bodsy-s-brake-bible
Note: v1.6 is the latest. Link is v1.4.

When I moved from my LR3 to an LR4 in May 2011, I downloaded this PDF and used to it change my brake rotors, pads, sensors and fluids. IT IS AWESOME! I was so impressed, that I actually printed it out at Fedex Office to have a bound copy in hand at my track garage...

The only "gotchas" are the need for:
1) following his advice and BUYING the proper tools
2) investing in a good breaker bar or air gun (those rotor bolts can get really tight).

I have saved a LOT of money doing it myself - except for the time where my kid mashed the brake and shot the piston out of a hanging caliper during a routine brake pad swap... (Cost $1,021 for "rebuilt" caliper + AAA tow to dealer)

All in all, great DIY guide- and I recommend everyone that owns an LR3 & LR4 reference it!

-B

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi