Buying a LR4 101..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Hopefully in the next few weeks the vehicle I want will be in and I can sign the papers. I have locked the selling the price.

I am curious as to what other options LR typically tries to up-sell during the signing process. When I bought a jeep last year, they offered a prepaid maintenance contract, extended warranty and a few other protection packages (upholstery, exterior sealant, etc). I was able to find out what a fair competitive price was for a few of these and Jeep drastically slashed their opening prices to meet these targets.

I don't have this information for LR. Can anyone share what they typically tried to add, and suggestions on what a good price would be?

Thanks for all of the help.

Cheers,

Chris

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some LR dealers offer extended warranty, but I've never heard of prepaid maintenance or other packages. I don't recommend getting a dealer-offered extended warranty anyway. If you have Geico, their mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) offers a much more extensive coverage.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Hopefully in the next few weeks the vehicle I want will be in and I can sign the papers. I have locked the selling the price.

I am curious as to what other options LR typically tries to up-sell during the signing process. When I bought a jeep last year, they offered a prepaid maintenance contract, extended warranty and a few other protection packages (upholstery, exterior sealant, etc). I was able to find out what a fair competitive price was for a few of these and Jeep drastically slashed their opening prices to meet these targets.

I don't have this information for LR. Can anyone share what they typically tried to add, and suggestions on what a good price would be?

Thanks for all of the help.

Cheers,

Chris

If financing, get GAP insurance

Murphy

Reaction score
I know that you can get an extended warranty package - though I can't remember the price. I think it was $2,000 extra. But what I DO remember was that you could wait UNTIL your OEM warranty was about to expire and THEN buy the extended - at the same cost. So that's what I chose to do. But I did take advantage of a Tire/Rim replacement/repair insurance for a pitiful sum of something like $400 for the OEM warranty period. Covered Tire and Rim replacement/repair and touch ups to rims for 50,000 miles. Since my wife will be the "main" driver - I thought it a good idea. ; )
Murphy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72