Cabin >internal< air intake location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

equalizer

Reaction score
Hi:

does anybody know where the internal recirculation cabin air intake in a LR4 is?

Reason: I need to step up my efforts to remove the bad odor. Tried the febreze from the outside cabin air intake and the hot+cold air cycling. Works for a day or two then the stink gets back. AC drain pipes are unclogged. Granted, it only lasts a few seconds when the car is started and AC cooling kicks in.

Thanks!

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might sound dumb but have you replaced your cabin air filter? It’s located above the bottom glove box.

equalizer

Reaction score
yeah, forgot to mention that. Cabin air filter is the first thing I changed. Old one was not stinky.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if the drain from the ac evaporator is clear? If this is backing up you can get the musty smell.

equalizer

Reaction score
Do you know if the drain from the ac evaporator is clear? If this is backing up you can get the musty smell.
Thanks. Yes, checked both drains and were clear. Used compressor to make sure they were unclogged.

The question I do not have an answer for really is just where the inside air recirculation intake is.
Pictures of the HVAC system did not help settle it.

Maybe it doesn't matter whether I use febreeze via the outer cabin intake or the inner cabin intake, but is one thing I'd like to try.

There is sort of a grill on the right side of the steering wheel, but it is far too small to be an air intake. Besides I don't feel air being sucked in once in recirculation mode.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the little grill to the right of the steering wheel is an intake for temperature monitoring. I’ll take a peak in the service manual and check.

equalizer

Reaction score
Thanks sir, I would really appreciate that!
Also makes sense to have a temp sensing under that tiny grille.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA