Can’t load iland - network error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgarza

Reaction score
I bought the iland (model locked) from AB for my LR3 where I was able to activate and then it took me to a blank screen. Then I go to the vehicle screen by uninstalling and reinstalling the app and I can get to the below voucher screen. I enter the serial number and the code and it says “network error”. Itll do this whether I enter the real passcode or choice expletives. Tried my iPhone and iPad on Wifi and cellular. Tried my wife’s iPhone. Tried a different email address but the device is already activated. Anybody else have this issue?

I’ll call Atlantic British on Monday but I’d like to be able to reset the trans computer and read codes this weekend.

dd1540b6c0644337f109032ce99a760b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tgarza

Reaction score
In case it helps anybody, I finally got the app to work...on an android device. Got the play store on my kids old kindle and the app is working!

I don’t think iland works on Apple devices.

aa144267bfebfea91c55d2cb0f2aeb55.jpg

tgarza

Reaction score
Scratch that...still can’t get it to work. I get to the point where I can start scanning but the device can’t find the downloaded file. Ugh so frustrating for a $400 piece of equipment.

3ed5f9dadc281adee6385198136d13ef.jpg

94a668a7d337188f161b999a712b651f.jpg

4b3c7f12c405cd653b3a316d10edde19.jpg

ArmyRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks not the first time I have heard of issues with the iLand and apple.

tgarza

Reaction score
Update...before I was going to call AB in the morning I thought I would uninstall the app on my iPhone for the 10th+ time and try again. I no longer got the blank screen but the main menu of vehicle tiles with disco 3 square highlighted red like it was supposed to be. It redirected me to the auto Diag app to download the software and everything worked from there.

I think whatever I did on android finally enabled my account correctly and got my iland to register my vehicle choice. Only 4+ hours to get the darned software to work, and I seem to have to uninstall/reinstall the iland app every time I want to use it and not get a blank main menu (see below). Finally able to read codes but highly disappointed in this buggy software.

fe0709497baa8ec30fdfa040ca9a1ab5.jpg

chakadog

Reaction score
I have one for my D2. After not using it for a while I fired it up today just to check codes (After charging a battery that had inexplicably died) and the iLand got stuck on the “Diagnosis Pre-check“ Screen. It just sits there and says “Inspecting…”

The iLand is a bit of a black box if you ask me. Instructions and manuals are nonexistent as is troubleshooting information online. Nothing like the well-documented Gap tool I have for the LR4.

Hopefully a call to Atlantic British tomorrow will shed some light on how to get past the precheck screen.
2B88618F-6957-4D77-9B68-E40DDB1C3E7D.png

tgarza

Reaction score
I returned my iland and got an iid tool. Worth every penny and not looking back. Works every time and comes with a proper manual.

chakadog

Reaction score
Ha - was under the impression AB did not take returns on diagnostic tools.

As for the iLand - my experience with the tool itself has been fine - BUT as I said documentation is sparse and there are no helpful support pathways. I also have the IID-BT for the LR4 and yes that company projects a whole different attitude. You can email them directly with questions and they answer!

But unfortunately, the IID does not work with a Disco2. :-(

To close out this thread - I did find an answer, on the Apple App Store, to my query about the "inspecting..." problem. Delete the app from your phone and re-install.

IMG_4377.png

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA