Can I Disable Tire Pressure Warning Light Somehow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to just disable the tire pressure warning light? I know when my tires are filled up or not... I don't need this dumb warning light on and was wondering if there is a way to disable it perhaps via removing a fuse or something? I looked around many internets and found nothing.

TIA!

Trynian

Reaction score
Yes but it has to be done by a LR shop computer or faultmate. Have to change the car config file to no TPMS fitted.

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but it has to be done by a LR shop computer or faultmate. Have to change the car config file to no TPMS fitted.

can i also then have them turn off the stupid and buggy gas door open sensor as well?

might be a worthwhile trip to the shop to get all that done

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIDTool can turn off TPMS as well (spare tire monitoring only or the whole system), FYI.

Last edited:

Trynian

Reaction score
can i also then have them turn off the stupid and buggy gas door open sensor as well?

might be a worthwhile trip to the shop to get all that done

Is it gas door or gas cap warning? I don't have a gas door sensor on my 06 SE so I would have to look at the car config files again to see if it is an option. But it probably functions similar to the hood sensor and can be bypassed if needed.

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it gas door or gas cap warning? I don't have a gas door sensor on my 06 SE so I would have to look at the car config files again to see if it is an option. But it probably functions similar to the hood sensor and can be bypassed if needed.

I don't remember which one, all i know is that it goes on for a few days and then off for a long time. I want to say its the door, but could easily be the cap. Hasn't happened in a while so I don't remember

how much is an IIDTool? I can't find pricing and well, to be honest not sure I want to be jacking around with my electronics too much. I was hoping it would be like the hood sensor fix with the paperclip and foil :)

Anyone from Chicago know a shop that isn't a stealership that could possibly help me with my issue?

Last edited:

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn’t a sensor/switch for the gas cap or the door. It's part of the "maybe this is why the EVAP system triggered a fault" - often it's a loose or poor sealing cap but can be something more involved. Fault codes should help. So sadly, I doubt paper clips will do much here ;-)

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny enough my yellow engine light is off now after about 6 months of it being on for no reason, but the TPMS is still showing the yellow (!) above the gas gauge.... lol

who the heck needs these dumb poorly reliant sensors anyway! keep it simple stupid!

Trynian

Reaction score
There isn’t a sensor/switch for the gas cap or the door. It's part of the "maybe this is why the EVAP system triggered a fault" - often it's a loose or poor sealing cap but can be something more involved. Fault codes should help. So sadly, I doubt paper clips will do much here ;-)

I didn't think so bu wasn't sure if it was something on newer models or not. But the check engine light means it is the gas cap open or leaking fault. But usually in my experience and with several friends it was the DMTL pump that caused the fault.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The check engine light can come on for any number of reasons once a computer threshold is reached - one of the most common but not the only reason is the loose/faulty gas cap. That's why you need the fault codes....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72