Can someone post where LR mounted Brake Controller LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could post a picture of exactly where LR mounted your Brake Controller? I am trying to pick the best spot above/ near the foot rest by the brake peddle arm.
I have an light that will be blocked somewhat if I use the location that seems obvious.

Thanks

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed mine here:

Attachments

• IMG_20160730_084018.jpg
    IMG_20160730_084018.jpg
    970.5 KB · Views: 94

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was mounted in the same spot by the dealer. Not the easiest to reach should you need to apply the brake manually but my particular needed to be mostly level to begin with.

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The controller cable / chassis harnesses don't leave a lot of latitude. Not sure there are extension harnesses. Could make your own. So far the position works for me.

Last edited:

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is basically where I was going to place mine. The 2016 LR4 has a light right in that location. The harness is super easy to get to and the BC harness reaches it without issue.

The plastic in that location is really flimsy on the LR4. Apparently this must be a tad different than the LR3 is my guess. I'm going to use some zip ties to ensure it stays firm. I am going to use some industrial adhesive Velcro system (a newer version of interlocking velcro) So I can remove the BC when not towing.

LR says to NEVER use the manual BC arm in emergencies. Because the trailer sway control that actuates the LR4 brakes would be counter acted by that action in an emergency. Basically let the car deal with it not the BC as would be done traditionally.

Thanks again. This appears like the best option as I had assumed.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything worked as planned. The front of the BC is directly under the foot lighting, but doesn't get in the way. i have to open the door to lean over to see the setting, but the prodigy p2 are set and forget.

The 3M Industrial Hook Loop Velcro worked as planned. I actually cut and used some to firm up the flimsy front of plastic cover next to diagnostic port.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV