Cancel Prepaid Maintenance Plan

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Steven Lam, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Steven Lam

Steven Lam New Member

Hi everyone,

I am the new owner of a 2019 HSE which I picked up today. I am located in the Bay Area.

After a grueling few hours at Stevens Creek, I finally closed and signed the papers. However, after I returned home, to my horror I found that the Prepaid Maintenance Plan and Service Contract were added in without my knowledge. It totals over $4.2k in options that I don't need at all!

The finance manager that I worked with, Oscar, implied the Prepaid Maintenance Plan was included without any extra charge after I stated that I was not going to pay any additional fees for things I didn't need. I understand this is partly my fault because I didn't check the fine print, but after a full day of work and an hour drive along with playing the waiting game, it gets hard to not want to just get out.

What are my options to cancel and receive a refund for these additional options?

Thank you!

2. joey

joey Custom Rover Accessories Staff Member

Unless I am mistaken and I am not a lawyer nor do I pretend to be one. You have 3 days of right to refusal on a contract. Of course if you plan to drive your Rover a lot and don't have a rover specialty mechanic having this may save you money... key word is "may".