Cargo area mat recommendation ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChicagoLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a cargo area mat which is easy to roll up when I want to use the third row ? The mats I've seen so far such as oem and weathertech are too thick to easily roll up and fit behind the third row.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wedge the OEM one behind the third row but that’s basically all cargo space gone. You might try making one out of carpet if you need a roll up version.

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered this off eBay, thin and easily rolls up. Fit and finish are great.

F9BAA9CE-C822-4F79-AB9A-F6D5DFC45852.png

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered this off eBay, thin and easily rolls up. Fit and finish are great.

This is great to know. I would get this and use it for road trips where I might need to fit extra passengers in the 3rd row once at my destination. I rarely face that scenario so I would tend to keep the overbuilt OEM mat back there, but this is a great find for a particular use case.

TrungH

Reaction score
This is great to know. I would get this and use it for road trips where I might need to fit extra passengers in the 3rd row once at my destination. I rarely face that scenario so I would tend to keep the overbuilt OEM mat back there, but this is a great find for a particular use case.

I've thought about this as well, but I came to the conclusion that I can usually just ditch the mat wherever I picked up the extra passengers (since I'd likely have to take them back as well).

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's odd... my LR3 mat (which I retained when I sold that truck) is soft, flexible and just as thick as the current version. Rolls up easily. The one that came with my LR4 is a heavy stiff marking mess. I don't know why they would have changed manufacturers and material.

I have them both and use the LR3 one. When I put all the seats down for a week long trip, I layer them on top of each other to get coverage of the full bed.

Nice to know there is a decent aftermarket version.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one that came with my LR4 is a heavy stiff marking mess.

I will say this: I was extremely grateful for that mighty, beefy mat when I had a blowout on the side of the interstate. I pulled it out and used it as a work surface as I was lowering the spare and changing the tire. Sure beat kneeling and lying prone on sharp gravel.

Then again, it did nothing to soothe my nerves while using the crappy scissor jack, but nobody's perfect.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say this: I was extremely grateful for that mighty, beefy mat when I had a blowout on the side of the interstate. I pulled it out and used it as a work surface as I was lowering the spare and changing the tire. Sure beat kneeling and lying prone on sharp gravel.

Then again, it did nothing to soothe my nerves while using the crappy scissor jack, but nobody's perfect.

x2. get a high lift bottle jack asap.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2. get a high lift bottle jack asap.
Do you have link to one that is the right height for us? (and maybe even fits in one of the side storage cubbies).

I have not had the pleasure of using our scissor jack yet.