CASCO insurance outside of home region

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I’m the first with this here, not even sure which forum is the most appropriate…

I’ve been planning a trip to Central Asia from my base in Western Europe. In previous years, my insurer easily gave me time-limited coverage extensions for countries like Albania or Ukraine. But this time, we’re talking Kyrgizstan, Uzbekistan etc., which are not even listed (not to mention pre-approved) on the European Green Card form - and they’ve balked at the idea.

Can anyone offer a hint? A link to a company that helps drivers with actual roving ambitions?

From what I gather, civil liability can usually be purchased on the border of the country in question and there are firms offering some assistance coverage, too. But so far I haven’t found anybody to cover my CASCO risks, such as theft, total loss or repair costs following an accident attributed to me. Anybody know one?

Or could it be that all the world’s overlanders just bear the full risk themselves once they get out beyond their native region? There are insurers in every region, after all, so there has to be a way… Or so I hope!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut