1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Scanachi, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Scanachi

Scanachi Member

I’m curious...

Do y’all use CBs in your LRs? If so...

1- How often do you use it?
    2- Which model do you have?
    3- Is it hard-wire or powered with the cigarette-lighter?

2. joey

joey Custom Rover Accessories Staff Member

I would have said yes 20 years ago, but even near the end of my Disco's life span, I stopped using a CB as almost no one else used them. It could be good on the trail if others use them, but almost no one does anymore.

3. Scanachi

Scanachi Member

I was curious what others were doing.
    My LR group uses them when we’re out on the trails.

I’ve never had any luck contacting anyone on the highway, but then again, my expectations were low... and that isn’t why I got it.

4. 777AIA

777AIA Full Access Member

I keep a handheld one these days, and an antennae. Don’t use them much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Full Access Member

I have a hard wired bearcat, remote mount. So all the controls are built into the mic. It's handy on the trails and when I pair it with my handheld ham I have both bases covered on the trail. Also when driving cross country to different Rover events it comes in hand when I hit heavy traffic getting info from the truckers.

https://www.amazon.com/Uniden-CMX760-40-Channel-Operation-Ultra-Compact/dp/B06XJG6NYB/ref=sr_1_13?crid=31H454JJK42PX&dchild=1&keywords=bearcat+cb+radio&qid=1587955237&sprefix=bearcat+cb,aps,341&sr=8-13

In my new LR3 build I will be running that and a hard wired Ham that covers GMRS frequncies as well