CD/DVD player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have I been missing something? :stupid: I ran across a 2012 with a CD/DVD player that plays on the main info screen. Is this a common feature???????

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that is a DVD player. Not sure when it was introduced exactly, but its been quite a while.

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 HSE Lux with DVD package (6 disc DVD changer and screens in the headrests) plays DVDs in the main info screen, but only when the vehicle is in park (DOT regulations).

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 with single slot CD/DVD player in the head unit does play DVD video on front and rear monitors... But I have the factory Rear Seat Entertainment system, it's supposed to do that (naturally, playback goes dark on the front touchscreen when moving.). Don't know if 2013s not fitted with RSE have the same DVD player or just a regular, MP3 capable CD player fitted in the head unit

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one I saw that plays DVDs on the main screen did not have rear DVDs screens.
Wow, with all the research I've done so far I can't believe this is the first I've heard of it.
No one (dealerships) really seems to know that much about the vehicles they are selling. I have yet to run into anyone that knows their products. Land Rover LR4......it's an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... Don't know if 2013s not fitted with RSE have the same DVD player or just a regular, MP3 capable CD player fitted in the head unit

My 2013 doesn't have Rear Seat Entertainment and it still has a DVD player up front.

Sliksunny

Reaction score
Just bought a 2015 with rse how can we get the DVDs to show in the front screen while the car is moving

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is disabled by law.

Not sure if there is a way to hack / reprogram it.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there are over rides that are available....for off-road use only.
I just don't know what they are.

Sliksunny

Reaction score
There has gotta be a way. Own an Audi and thru vagcom software and obd port this was achieved. Basically in the audi the screen goes blank once the car hits 7mph. Thru the software and connecting to the obd port I was able to change the 7mph threshold to 155mph ;-) audi vim if you google that it'll come up. Not so easy with lr4 or range rovers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV