CEL illuminated - multiple codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Higgins

Reaction score
Started the car and saw the CEL illuminated. Pulled the codes and got:

P0106 - Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) Barometric Pressure Sensor Electric Circuit Output Range and Performance Problem
P0133 - Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response
P0850 - Park/Neutral Switch Input Circuit
U0402 - Invalid data received from TCM
B1A00 - ??

There doesn't appear to be anything in common here that would trigger all of these. (At least to my amateur eye). The CEL went out after a few ignition cycles but did reappear a few weeks later. That CEL also is now gone. I haven't cleared the codes so they're ready for the Dealer if I go that route. Curious if anyone can provide any insight. Car runs fine now and also when the CEL was illuminated.

Thanks!

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 95% sure it's an electrical issue. It's most likely a battery problem. Even though your battery is less than 12 months old to you, doesn't mean it's not way older. Maybe you have a dead cell, unless you have an AGM. Plus these rovers suck through batteries every 18-36 months. Opt for an H8 AGM battery if you haven't done so yet, but back to your CEL issue, it's definitely something voltage wise that's making the car throw random codes. I had it happen to me when my factory H7 acid battery was going after roughly a year when the car was brand new and i upgraded to an H8 AGM and that was the end of those random codes.

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U0402 - Invalid data received from TCM

Definitely the battery/Charging sys with the above TCM code.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut