Central Colorado late march.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasnt able to go on the last run we scheduled due to work. Im now looking for people interested in running some easy/moderate trails the last 2 weekends of March.

Im thinking about Phantom Canyon/Shelf Road March 20 or 21 and possibly Medano Pass on March 27 or 28 if it is open. All of them are fairly smooth and can easily be traversed with stock vehicles on decent tires weather permitting. A few of us have been on Shelf Road recently and the conditions are not bad at all. Medano Pass has some water crossings that can be somewhat deep with the snow melting but they dont really get over 24". Ill check with National Park Service to see if Medano pass is open and what the conditions are before attempting.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just subscribing in case I can make it. Hope you get some more interest.

J.D.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the Solihull Society has a Chinaman Gulch run scheduled for March 21st.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not a trail I would take my LR3 on, but I do believe one could certainly get thru there. There are quite a few areas you'd have to be very careful of not to get body damage. It's one of my favorite trails for the bronco, but I haven't been there in a long time!

J.D.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have been watching videos of it. Looks like it can be handled but im not sure if I would attempt it without at least sliders.

If I get interest for that saturday, the 20th, ill try to do something a little less complicated.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV