Change keyless entry module no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hon Priest

Reaction score
Blessed love

Water got into my keyless module via a leak through the sunroof drainage system. So inhaled to.be starting vehicle by placing key under the steering wheel. Took vehicle to garage and was told need to replace keyless module. So ordered the part from landrover UK as I am in the Caribbean but after the part was changed I was told the key could not be programmed and the vehicle wont start not even ignition comes. I was told by technicians that the key and module has different frequencies and so I needed to order an other module with matching keys. Called landrover and they said modules and keys come separately. Feel like I am being lied to as even if the key wont program atleast the ignition should come.on and say smart key not found. Feel that the technician is overlooking some fundamental issues. Please help.

Vehicle is LR4 2012 Discovery

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That same thing happened to me. Because it was a key issue I took It to the dealer. I didn’t have to buy another key, they were able to reprogram with new module and old key. Do you have a dealership down there?

Everyone, check your sunroof drains. When they fail, they direct water to all of the electrical systems in the passenger compartment.

Love your country by the way, so beautiful!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi