Chip in windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lakeray

Reaction score
Have a 2016 LR4. Got a chip in the windsheild about 1/2 inch big. Can I just get the chip fixed or will it bother the electric grid (heated windshield)?

Thanks,
Ray

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would try to fix it first. There is little to lose vs a new windshield. I live in a winter area and even then almost never use the windshield heat (garage) so if it died on mine I wouldn't be too put out. Up to you on that end. I doubt the repair epoxy will affect the grid compared to the physical damage that may have been caused by the chip.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All they do to fix a chip is put a liquid plastic resin in the chip and let it cure under suction so that when it solidifies there are no air bubbles caught in it. If your heated windshield still works now, it will continue to work after the fix.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Just be careful that some repair kits may have conductive properties and if you have a heated windshield, that can cause issues down the road.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72