Classifieds Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyTree

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I feel a bit sheepish asking this and can't seem to find an answer via search and am not even really sure where to post this question, so feel free to move it as needed.

When I go to the Classifieds section and look at any Buying/Selling items I get a "You have insufficient privileges to reply here" notice at the bottom.

I see in the "Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion" topic that @joey mentions needing to make an additional Username/Password to post in Classifieds. Fair enough.

I logged out of this account (SkyTree), then went to the Classifieds section. Since I was logged out, the new link prompt at the bottom said something to the effect of, "You need to sign in or sign up to reply here."

So, I click that link within the Classifieds section and created another username (SkyTreeCF) using a 2nd email address so I can post to the Classifieds.

Logged into this 2nd account, I went to the Classifieds and am still seeing: "You have insufficient privileges to reply here."

What I am I doing wrong?

SkyTree

rolledover

Reaction score
If I remember correctly you have to have x number of posts before you can post/reply in the classified section. I think it was 50 posts.

SkyTree

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly you have to have x number of posts before you can post/reply in the classified section. I think it was 50 posts.

Thanks for the reply, @rolledover. I'd initially wondered if a requirement like that might be the case, but then I saw this post saying one needs an additional account.

A threshold number of posts certainly makes more sense to me. I'll just have to get to 50 and see how it goes then.:pcguru:

SkyTree

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct 50 posts are required to post in the Classifieds.

mflecklr3

Reaction score
You could also email the admin/moderator. They can't change the limit but they can choose to not delete a post in the non-classifieds. I've had to do this before and you can do the approach of, "I'm thinking of selling xyz, please let me know your thoughts on a fair price."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut