Clunk when accelerating from roll - solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick post to give my experience on the clunk while accelerating from a slow roll. Like when releasing brakes on a slight downhill and then hitting the gas. Also a slight chattering when accelerating through a corner when the inside wheel is unweighted. I thought this aspect may be another LCA bushing gone bad.

I took it in before my 50k warranty was up. Dealer told me it was normal. Lots of tranny posts around here about rebuilds and new fluids and pans etc. well I have been living with the clunk until my 75k miles service at my local Indy. I had him do the front center and rear diff service with the royal purple equivalent gear fluids.

Problem is gone. No more chattering. No more clunk.

Just my two cents but I was kind of worried about it being the tranny. Apparently not!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news and good info. I need to service all fluids this fall (6 years and ~40k miles).

steveC101

Reaction score
Great news and good info. I need to service all fluids this fall (6 years and ~40k miles).

Here's what I recently posted in fluids thread. If you're doing it yourself it may help:

"I just replaced my transfer case and diff oils today having read through a few threads on the subject including this one. Thank you all for your input. I used the Royal Purple oils recommended by TLT on one of the threads.

Having noticed that so many people have had difficulty refilling I looked around and found an excellent solution that save a lot of messing around: a garden chemical sprayer. I bought mine from Harbor Freight but they're available at Home Depot and Lowes etc. I did one modification, which was leave off the spray connection and instead attach a length of 10mm OD vinyl tubing to the end of outlet tube for extra reach. The one I bought has a small, locking, tap-like trigger to control the flow. Here it is: http://tinyurl.com/yxwtzjuh. I found it valuable to fill it with water to the quantity specs and mark up each beforehand so I didn't have to guess when I used it."

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick