Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beatboy77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets start a thread here for those of us in Colorado. I am in Colorado Springs and driving a 2005 LR3 SE.

Looking for easy to moderate trails at first and then moving up to some more challenging trails.

~Josh

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is seriously nowhere to go here in Kentucky. Like I said ill be moving to CO soon. There are a ton of trails out there if you do the research.

Terry Evans

Reaction score
I also just seen today on EXTREME 4x4 the their web page has some kind of map search just for tracks trails and camping spots their website is powerblocktv.com I think - I'm in SE Aurora right off Smoky Hill have been here for about a year and half and have traveled much for work too busy to enjoy this beauty (bad idea) So I'm currently looking for new work that will let me stay here and enjoy (good Idea) - Will be open to expploring with you if you want company - Keep in touch
Terry Evans AT q DOT com
05' LR3 SE
87' CLassic SWB

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to see some Colorado folks out here! I currently don not have a LR but it is on the list for this year. However, I have been a quite a few trails with my old VW Touareg that I know the LR would conquer easily!

Some of the good trails close to the front range are:
-Tin Cup
-Hancock - Has a historic railroad turntable at the top of the pass.
-Cottonwood
-Independence pass (It's all pavement but a fun drive)
-Mosquito pass

Hopefully this summer we can run a few trails!

Terry Evans

Reaction score
I love the Toureg for what I know of it anyway I nearly bought one instead of the LR3 because my wife was ill at how much the Range Rover(s) costs to own and maintain personally I have $17,000 in receipts for the 99' HSE - it was definetly a love hate relationship and I do miss it from time to time However I totally LOVE the LR3 it has been so not like other Rovers I've owned
Anyway thanks for the headsup on trails we can definetly do some of them when your ready just call ! or txt or E-mail :)
Terry Evans AT Q DOT com
Cell: 916-300-8174
I'm almost at time for new tires tho prolly should start looking for a great deal - ya know any ?

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Pirelli Scorpions seem to be a popular choice for people who want off road capability without sacrificing on road performance. My stock Badyears still have plenty of tread left on them, but I might go ahead and replace a little early.

When does Rampart Range Rd. Open?

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does rampart close? I figured it might close simply because the snow was too deep, but I am not sure of any gates. However, I am not real familiar with the area...yet.

J.D.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rampart does not close, was just up there today. Nice drive.

rampart5.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV