Continental terraincontact AT tire wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had these for two years and 30k and they are done. Disappointing wear for a 60k mile rated tire. My Duratracs lasted over 50k, albeit with more road noise towards the end. Maybe Conti will give me some money under their warranty.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's disappointing.

I was pretty unhappy with the OEM Continentals and have basically decided against them as an entire brand, and this is just further supporting evidence.

I'm running Toyo AT3's, so hopefully they will run a lot longer than the TerrainContacts.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's disappointing.

I was pretty unhappy with the OEM Continentals and have basically decided against them as an entire brand, and this is just further supporting evidence.

I'm running Toyo AT3's, so hopefully they will run a lot longer than the TerrainContacts.
More or less the same, the Contis didn't last particularly long, changed over to the Toyo ATIII with a 60 profile and very happy camper since. The noise is barely louder than the Contis as well.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an oddly short lifespan for a tire whose tread pattern is a really mild all-terrain. My Cooper Zen LTZ tires went almost 4 years and 45k to 50k miles, and only needed changed because I neglected to rotate them the last 20k miles or so.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an oddly short lifespan for a tire whose tread pattern is a really mild all-terrain. My Cooper Zen LTZ tires went almost 4 years and 45k to 50k miles, and only needed changed because I neglected to rotate them the last 20k miles or so.
Agreed

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Conti's last about 100 miles off-road and 15K onroad and there were chunks missing from the treads. Of course my wheel height was all over the place by well 1-3" after I measured everything in tight tolerance, and yes this was a vehicle that was alway taken to Land Rover, Beverly Hills in this case, so Gucci of Gucci. But back to the main discussion, the tires didn't last that long with me partially because of the terrible alignment/wheel height and the beating I was giving them on the trail (socal, lots of sharp rocks and very abrasive sand)

ATIII's solid as a rock so far.

One thing I will say about he Conti's or maybe just the LR4 is that the guys in Land Cruisers, Jeeps and Taco's were amazed at the fact that I could follow them pretty much everywhere without putting a foot wrong I was the Beetle in the Okavango. Yes I was obsessed with protecting my side walls on the fully inflated Conti's whilst they were all aired down, but I still made it.

Long rant short, they're a good enough tire, or the vehicle is pretty good or any combination of the two, but you'll be surprised where they can take you just be careful of the side walls and take tire plugs for any punctures.

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This doesn’t bode well for me considering I literally just installed the Conti 150 miles ago. Your experience is odd. I did my homework before purchasing and there’s generally nothing but positives about them, even from guys on here.
There’s a guy with a Land Cruiser on one of their forums that did a multi year, long term review of them and he got dang near to 65k before getting a nail in the tire and replacing the whole set.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well all I can think of is I drive fast. My OEM contis died quick too. But my duratracs lasted over 50k

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This doesn’t bode well for me considering I literally just installed the Conti 150 miles ago. Your experience is odd. I did my homework before purchasing and there’s generally nothing but positives about them, even from guys on here.
There’s a guy with a Land Cruiser on one of their forums that did a multi year, long term review of them and he got dang near to 65k before getting a nail in the tire and replacing the whole set.

The Land Cruiser probably had 18" wheels or less. He may have gotten an E-rated set, which could have a tougher rubber compound.

No idea for sure. I guess others on here posted that they only got 30k on their Cooper Zeons, when mine lasted me far longer. So who knows.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV