Coolant Crossover Pipe Leaking? Found an EASY way to tell!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redbadge

Reaction score
Note: the photos are from my L405 Range Rover that shares the same SCV6 as the LR4s.

The coolant crossover pipe on 2013-17 SCV6 and SCV8s WILL fail someday as our cars getting older. It requires taking out the super charger, but detecting and fixing this earlier could save us an engine.
My 2014 RR V6 with 70k miles is spotless clean in undercarriage areas, coolant level never drops, engine runs great, no light whatsoever. However, I found the crossover pipe leaking in 3 mins. Check yours today!

Tool you'll need: Borescope/Inspection camera, I got this one on Amazon.

First off all, just to show you the location of the crossover pipe, it's between the block and the oil filter housing. (Not my picture. The one in the red circle is the updated part)

screen-shot-2022-02-06-at-9-53-16-pm-png.png

The tool you need is any Borescope/Inspection camera

1-pic-jpg.jpg

Pop the engine cover and insert the camera into the small area near the oil filter housing.

1481644213308_-pic-jpg.jpg

Try a few different angles, try to angle it towards the engine block, and that nasty orange means you just saved an engine.

1491644213309_-pic-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh....... awesome use of technology!
What did it cost?
Can see .any uses for that when trying to detect elsewhere too. Thanks for sharing

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can search for "endoscope boroscope inspection camera" and several will pop up. If you want to save some money, they have some that just plug into a laptop and use the laptop as the screen.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good idea, also helps when you drop a nut into the abyss

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okamgba1463