Cruise control error- park/neutral switch error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI we finally figured out what was causing the CC error /park/neutral switch error. It was a leaking mechatronic sleeve. It had leaked oil onto the plug. This caused the park neutral error which interrupted the CC circuit. Unfortunately we have to change the fluid at 55k miles to put in a new one. But that’s about the change interval zf recommends for city drivers.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Note to others that have the 8 speed. The mechatronic sleeve is readily available for the 6 speed but not the 8 speed. We cracked the ****** and pulled the valve body then realized the sleeve transtar (huge distributor) gave me was for the 6 speed which is slightly different. Had to scramble and find an 8 speed sleeve. Not easy. Not at any type of dealers or trans distributors or anywhere. Other than California transmission supply company. Can’t call Klaus, only email. But he responded and got me my parts FedEx overnight. Car is back in my garage now with all leaks fixed and new zf fluid and filter. Shifts smooth!

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Note to others that have the 8 speed. The mechatronic sleeve is readily available for the 6 speed but not the 8 speed. We cracked the ****** and pulled the valve body then realized the sleeve transtar (huge distributor) gave me was for the 6 speed which is slightly different. Had to scramble and find an 8 speed sleeve. Not easy. Not at any type of dealers or trans distributors or anywhere. Other than California transmission supply company. Can’t call Klaus, only email. But he responded and got me my parts FedEx overnight. Car is back in my garage now with all leaks fixed and new zf fluid and filter. Shifts smooth!
I love that it starred out t r a n. N y

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love that it starred out t r a n. N y
Yeah.... we need to get this fixed.

I've been on this forum a few years and I can't really recall someone ever swearing before the extreme censorship started.

I was looking at one of my old posts and just saw **** and couldn't even put together what I was trying to say.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA