Cyclical Engine Hum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ariela86

Reaction score
Been lurking for a while on here. Love all the info. Thanks everyone.

2 questions on a 2013 LR4 with just over 100k miles.

I notice a cyclical engine hum, almost a vibration when driving. Most noticeable when I let of the throttle at highway speed. Very consistent rhythm. Does slow slightly while the rpms drop. Truck drives fine, no performance issues, CEL etc.

Any guesses or something I should look into more?

2nd question. This thing have a chance to make it another 100k?

Love the car, and plan on using it as my daily driver once I can buy my wife another vehicle. I’m not scared of high mileage maintenance on more “typical” vehicles. I have a wrangler with 260k miles and a 2000 f-250 that I drive daily now. Planning on keeping both running as long as possible.

Back up plan on old vehicles I love is always just replace the motor, but that’s a lot easier on early 2000 Jeep’s and Ford’s.

Bad idea to keep trying to ride this LR4 for another 5-10 years?

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you sure its engine related? I'd check out the wheel bearings first.

I plan on going 200k+ plus with mine, though I have a while to go before I get there.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
engine/transmission mounts as well. I had to change them out around 100k miles. It caused vibrations and humming into the cabin when driving and slightly when in gear at a stoplight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA