Dash Clock minus 30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 LR4: Dash Clock reads exactly 30min behind computer clock. When I set the computer clock, the Dash clock will rotate to the exact time, minus 30min. Anyone experience this?

I have not tried doing a hard reset (disconnect car battery for 30-1hour), I thought I'd ask before doing so.

Tim

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 LR4: Dash Clock reads exactly 30min behind computer clock. When I set the computer clock, the Dash clock will rotate to the exact time, minus 30min. Anyone experience this?

I keep coming back to this forum for stuff just like this. There is no end to the wacky stuff that our Rovers do. I will never hear the last best quirk or glitch.

I am not familiar with this issue. One fix comes to mind: Remove the face of the analog clock and remove/replace the minute hand manually to the desired time. Please note that I myself would never attempt this.

SkyTree

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple months back, I replaced the cracked analog clock "glass" (plastic) in our LR4, and had a similar issue with our clock as well.

I wanted to replace the cracked clock face, but didn't want to remove the whole panel, and you can't take the clock itself out without removing the panel as there are tabs that hold the clock in place that are only accessible from the back side.

So, in short, I drilled tiny holes into the face of the cracked glass with my power drill, which was a little nerve racking, because if you apply too much pressure, you run the risk of the drill bit traveling past the clock glass breakthrough point and into the clock face itself. It's a very small gap between glass and clock face, so it was a push, but don't push too hard type of situation.

I drilled a few holes into a "dotted line" then inserted a tiny screwdriver blade into the holes and pried at them slightly, causing a crack to form fully across the glass face, creating two halves. I inserted the flat screwdriver into the crack and leveraged the two halves against each other, so that the bottom piece of glass was pressed back far enough that I could slide it up and under the top half of glass with my fingers. Then I pulled each piece gently outward while rotating them from their horizontal position to a vertical position so that they "corkscrewed" out from behind the silver clock face bezel.

Once they were out, I had an exposed clock face with silver bezel ring and no glass. I used the tiny flat blade screwdriver to press the inner tabs holding the bezel ring in place, and it came off easily. Now the clock was ready for the replacement glass piece to be inserted into the bezel ring, then snapped back into place on the clock for a completed job.

But before I did that I wanted to clean the inside of the clock since it had some fine plastic dust inside from the drilling. I used a special putty based dusting compound I have to clear any micro debris. I didn't notice it at the time, but I shifted shifted the clock hands in the process. Once dusted out, I snapped the clock bezel ring, with new piece of replacement glass inserted in it, back into place.

It looked great, I was happy that it only took about 10 minutes, and I didn't have to dismantle the control panel to do it.

Then I noticed the analog clock was wrong. So, I set the digital clock hoping it would correct it. The clock hands moved alright, but the analog clock was 37 minutes off from the digital clock now. No matter the time we set, it was 37 minutes off.
Ugh. Since I didn't want to destroy the new piece of glass I'd just put in, I figured I was going to have to take the panel out after all just to adjust the hands manually.

My wife noticed my clear frustration (at myself) for not double-checking the time before closing it up, and encouraged me to just "let it be" overnight, and revisit it again in the morning to see if it was any different. She just had a "feeling" to wait it out she said.

The next morning we went out and started it up... both clocks were now synced to each other, and both were 37 minutes late. So I set the digital clock to the proper time and the analog clock hands followed suit. Odd, but it worked!

tl;dr
Based on my experience, I'd say just let it be for a day or two... maybe disconnect the negative post of your battery for 15 minutes, then reconnect, and see what happens. Also, listen to your wife's intuition. :listen:

SkyTree

ps - I harvested the "new" clock glass from a mostly complete control panel that had it's clock, knobs, and buttons. I bought it on ebay for $23 shipped, and have the panel itself, a spare clock (with the old cracked glass face full of tiny drilled holes), and some spare knobs/buttons leftover.

Last edited:

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I never drive this truck, and noticed it when driving for the first time in a while. After talking to my wife about it she says it does it from time to time then just resets itself without her interaction.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem solved! And based on that, I'd stay away from it if I where you...you could be blamed? That said, I did go have a look at mine..both the same time..
....for now anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV