Day 1 - damage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richard604

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the first one this has happened to..... Day 1 of taking my wife out in our 2017 Range Rover Sport and I pull in to a parking spot. She hops out to run a quick errand while I stay in the car. Ignition off. Sit on my phone. She's back! Ok, let's head out. Start the RR and put it into Reverse and start backing out. Sound of scraping. Ouch.

So..... obviously the Range Rover lowered itself to Access Height when I turned off the ignition and the front of the vehicle was overhanging a concrete parking curb. The sound was the Tow Cover scraping itself and dislodging itself from the front bumper. Luckily the only real damage were the four tow cover clips (Part # LR012844) -- looks to be $10 Cdn each from the dealer ($5 each in the US).

Will have to remember not to park overhanging any parking lot concrete curbs!

A22245-2.jpg

Silverpen48

Reaction score
I wasn’t aware that the suspension drops automatically when switching the ignition off. I simply use the ride height selector if adjusting the height.
Perhaps different tweaks for USA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut