DC-AC Power Converter Install location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I want to permanently install a 600 or 800 Watt power converter so I can plug in small appliances, etc. I will connect it directly to the battery. I think I would like it in the rear cargo area, but have not really found a good place to put or conceal it. One thought was in the compartment where that crappy little jack is. I thought about the other side compartment, but there is all of the rear AC fan and junk. Those are the very obvious places, but I was thinking that there are plenty of other great places I have not though of. Any ideas would be fantastic.
thanks-

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah there is quite a bit of room under there. I also could also put it under one of my third row seats. The manufacturer says do not put it under seats etc, but I don't see the difference between that and a stereo amp.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the engine compartment where the 2nd battery would go? (If it's empty...)

How could you mount it under the 3rd row seats, if you keep them down? Just wondering.
I bet I'll think of more ideas...

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my experience...power inverters definitely get hotter than stereo amps.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people put them into the left rear quarter panel cubby, wired back to the battery under the doorsill kick panels

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV