Defender(s) making a massive scene recovering a 20ton truck

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We can see how strong the frame is. Chain 3 SUV's to the back of one, and then pick it up with a crane.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kenneth Kahan

Reaction score
They have always been strong. Years ago with my classic 1989 I found a semi blocking a major street because he high centered turning into a driveway with a big dip. He had been waiting for an hour for a tow truck blocking 4 lanes. I hooked up using his chain to my hitch and in low range on pavement with a steady increasing throttle was able to drag him forward until he had traction. I had no running start or chirping spinning tires.

binch

Reaction score
okay....here's a proper single defender with half the horsepower doing a similar task.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Granted it took two of them but they pulled it off. Pretty impressive frame.
Do the new Defenders have a frame? I was under the impression that they are unit body.

I understand the Ford Bronco's have a frame and I have been saying that the Defenders are upscale Bronco's so again, does the new Defender have a frame?

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Granted it took two of them but they pulled it off. Pretty impressive frame.

Totally faked video IMO. It appears that the 20 ton truck is under it's own power. Nothing remarkable here.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally faked video IMO. It appears that the 20 ton truck is under it's own power. Nothing remarkable here.
I am not certain about fake, but I did wonder how two new Defenders that really do not yet exist show up in the same place. I presume it was some sort of LR fleet test in Africa or similar and agree, it is not remarkable.

It also seems to me that the LR 3/4s did that sort of tow by themselves.

I am still wondering however, does the new Defender have a frame?

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Below is the link to a twenty eight minute video of five 2020 factory Defenders on a trek thru the sands of Namibia. I figure that is where the tow the truck event occurred.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ladevezep