Defender v Bronco v Wrangler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was a great video. I have a Jeep too so I am biased but it was all the tire and wheel selection. They shouldn't really do off road comparisons with vehicles unless they have the same tires, it's such a massive differentiator.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was a great video. I have a Jeep too so I am biased but it was all the tire and wheel selection. They shouldn't really do off road comparisons with vehicles unless they have the same tires, it's such a massive differentiator.

I watch a lot of their videos, and they've spoken on this before. Their take is that they are more of a "new car" reviewer, so they review the vehicles as they come from the factory and don't do any modifications to them.

I agree with you, though. Almost anyone buying a new Defender who will take it off road will be swapping out those crappy Goodyears for something better. The Land Rover failure here was more a failure of the tires it was spec'd with and not a failure of the vehicle. Ultimately, it would have been much more informative to let the tire burst the first time around and then swap all tires with something more suitable to show how the Defender actually compares.

Also, should note that in TFL's defense, this was their third Defender. They originally bought the P300 model with the 18" steel wheels and a rear locker. It soon developed a problem with the engine that Land Rover couldn't fix, so Land Rover bought it back from them. On their second Defender, they had the dealer try to install the factory winch, but the dealer purportedly made a mistake on installation (something about mistakenly slicing into a wiring harness), so they couldn't sell TFL that Defender, either. Land Rover then gave them this, their third one, a P400 without the rear locker that can't use the 18" wheels.

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would be so much further ahead with a Jeep and a side by side for serious off road fun.
Mostly because when I **** up my '04 Rubicon I know it won't cost 5 grand to fix!
20200612_142115 (1).jpg

RyanRR

Reaction score
I love how it censored the word that rhymes with fang and begins with b. The edit made me look bad!

The censoring on this forum is out of control lol

Going back to read old threads about brake bleeding and transmission fluid flushes is a bad joke, half the paragraph blanked out so you get to guess what the original author meant..

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that an LJ or a TJ?

I think that vintage of Wrangler has aged really well.
TJ, I agree.
I still go back and forth on the look of the LJ. It does have some advantages off road.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV