Delay in Reverse...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a delay in the gear engagement when selecting R? I was preparing to back out of the garage this morning, selected R, and nothing. The engine was running, so thinking I had my foot too ******* the brake, I slowly lifted my foot until it wasn't on the pedal and then all of a sudden it engaged- a good 5 seconds after I selected it.. Went back inside, changed underwear, and it never did it again for the rest of the day..

Has anyone else experienced this?

200 on the odometer..

Thanks,

Mike

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, on the D5 loaner I had the other day. Put it in reverse and nothing. Stepped harder on the brake pedal and it engaged. Apparently it looks for firm pressure on the brake pedal before engaging.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an Discovery Sport loaner with this knob and I found it annoying. Particularly in parking lots when you are doing a K turn to get out of a tight spot. Ugh... so much nicer to have instant gear changes.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I much prefer the Discovery SVX shifter compared to the dial. I can do without the little orange terrain response ring and the X on the shifter though, that's a bit mathy-matchy for my taste.

Land-Rover-Discovery-SVX-interior.jpg

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I much prefer the Discovery SVX shifter compared to the dial...
WHAT? This is news to me. They offer an option to have a shifter instead of the stupid dial? But you need to buy the SVX version to get it?!? :hmmmm:

If that's true, than they acknowledge that the dial is left desirable for shifting, but they leave the thing on anyway. Do they figure that anything more complicated than driving in a straight line is just handled by the valet guy parking the car? :stupido3:

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will take the dial over the massive shift any day.

I love the fact i dont have to put the car in park to turn it off!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut