Diagnostic Tool options/differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There appears to be more than one option out there for a proper diagnostic tool. There's the Hawkeye Diagnostic Tool by Bearhawk and then there's the IIDTool. Maybe there's a 3rd or 4th that I haven't seen.

Does anyone have experience with both and recommend one over the other?

Primetime

Reaction score
There is also the iLand on Atlantic British. They have been good to me over the years so I trust what they sell but I too would like some input. Anyone have any of these mentioned?

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIDTool is the most common among members here by a long shot. Search, you'll find shitloads of threads about it. The others are probably good, too, but on small forums like this the majority follows the majority - so when the IIDTool got a head-start the lead kept growing. I will say their customer support people are pretty awesome -- you know how you buy some products and the customer support people are clearly reading from a resolution list but really don't know **** about the product or situation? This is the opposite of that. These people apparently all have Land Rovers and **** around with them using an IIDTool, because they understand what you asking and why you're asking it, so it's easy to get a real useful answer. So that's pretty awesome - the others might be just as good, but I don't have those to vouch for them. I can't think of a way that they'd be better, though.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread unfortunately died out. Anyone else have input? I think I am going to purchase the iLand over the GAP iid. The UI seems smoother and the only thing lacking is the ability to program a key fob (not a deal breaker for me)...plus I have a credit to use at atlantic british...BUT...if anyone out there has any input please let me know. Thanks

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UI seems smoother and the only thing lacking is the ability to program a key fob (not a deal breaker for me)...

According to the Details tab on the product info page, it DOES do fob programming... I've been curious about this device also even though IIDtool has the huge user base advantage.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding is ILand is not vin locked but is model locked LR3/4 though is one category. I own a gap iid but ILand seems like a viable alternative and is a bit less expensive.

The guys over at AB are hit or miss and I never get a response if I have a technical question. I mean never...so I didn’t want to spend $400+ on the tool from them.

I’d love to hear from ILand owners though if someone has experience to share.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it looks like it's by model with a $199 option to add another model later. No vin lock appeals to me and it looks like it's feature complete. The reviews online are all 5 stars.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV