Difference between trim packages SE, HSE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpxr400

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm a brand new member here and am doing some research. My wife has an interest in a Land Rover. She's interested in a used LR3 - probably a 2006.

I've already been doing some research here and the information has helped, and both encouraged as well as discouraged in several ways. In any event, I have already found this forum very informative.

To the topic - what are the differences between the SE and HSE packages? Is the 3d row seat available in both?

Thank you.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep; 3rd row available in both. HSE comes standard with NAV and upgraded stereo, larger wheels, etc. SE can be equipped with the NAV, but I don't believe you can option the stereo (if you're offroading, then the 18" wheels from the SE are probably preferrable). The HSE also has adaptive (swivelling) Xenons, not available on the SE. Otherwise most SEs can be optioned fairly closely to an HSE spec.

jak167

Reaction score
Also, I believe you can only get the memory seats on the HSE. My SE has just about every option, but couldn't get that one.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on year, I didn't think you could get the high line premium audio system in anything but the HSE. For 05 it was this way, not sure on the other years.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best I could tell in my search: 2005-08 memory seats, motorized steering column, and 14 speaker logic 7 stereo are HSE exclusives. Everything else, including front bumper sensors and adaptive headlights could be optioned on an SE. YMMV - There are other minor differences between model years 05-08

outcold33

Reaction score
Except for the transitioning headlights, the ones that adjust to the way your turning, and the wood trim. You can get everything else in an SE but it's very tricky and rare to get everything in a used one. I would just get a HSE if you have the option it's better to play it safe because A. The headlights are amazing and worth it. And B. The options are very tricky and I would be willing to bet their will be something you want and don't get. I made the mistake and really regret it. Learn from me

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA